Posted on October 18th, 2023
This lesson develops learners’ ability to describe a person, using the context of a lost child in a supermarket. The learners watch a video and then complete activities to check comprehension and practise colour and clothing vocabulary.
They also learn words to describe hair and identify a child by listening to their description. Finally there is an introduction to spelling rules with –ing, and learners write about someone they know.
Topic: Describing a person
Level: E1 /National 2/Access 2 / CEFR A1
Time: 1 hr 40 mins
- To develop students’ ability to listen to a story and extract key information
- To practise colour, clothing and hair vocabulary
- To listen to and write descriptions of people
- To develop understanding of spelling rules when adding –ing
- To develop learners’ visual literacy.
- Teacher’s notes
- Worksheets for learners
Copyright – please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only.