A workshop to equip providers with a more detailed understanding of the requirements of the Prevent Statutory, a requirement of the Counter Terrorism & Security Act 2015, & how to effectively embed it within their organisations.
The workshop provides useful practical insight into:
- How to undertake effective risk assessment & create a Prevent action plan
- Who are useful partners & what information is available to inform risk assessments
- What are the staff training requirements & where can useful resources be found
- How should Safeguarding policies be updated to include the Prevent Duty & advice regarding referral pathways
- How we support people we are concerned about & how to access the Channel scheme
- British Values – an expert insight embedding BV into your curriculum
- Signposting to resources & support nationally
- The current threat picture from terrorism & extremism
Facilitated by Sam Slack, Regional Prevent Co-ordinator for FE/HE, Department for Education and Selina Stewart, Associate, The Education and Training Foundation.
More information can be found on the event website.