Next steps for qualifications at level 2 and below – choice, quality and standards, and student progression
This conference will be an opportunity to discuss the next steps for qualifications at level 2 and below.
It comes as the Government considers its response to the recent Department for Education consultation looking at options to streamline and simplify the qualifications landscape at levels 1, 2 and below.
Areas of discussion include:
- regulation – priorities for qualification at Levels 1, 2 and below ◦ supporting the instilment of quality and improvement in standards
- design – the future shape of qualifications post-consultation ◦ achieving quality & standards goals ◦ the future approval process & concerns over possible exclusion of smaller qualifications
- choice – providing prospective students with engaging options, and qualifications with distinct purpose
- careers guidance – raising awareness & providing clarity for students on the qualifications available to them ◦ the proposed simplified system and its potential impact
- progression – future pathways for students post-qualification, including to level 3 and beyond, as well as to employment or apprenticeship
- employment – alignment of qualifications with labour market needs ◦ the developing skills landscape ◦ upskilling & mature learners ◦ future role of employers & encouraging their collaboration
- implementation – providing continuity of provision for students already studying ◦ ensuring that providers are not overwhelmed as post COVID-19 recovery continues & with reform at Level 3
Teresa Carroll, National Head of Inclusion, The Education and Training Foundation will be speaking in a session, Future pathways for students at level 2 and below – progression to further study and employment, supporting students with additional needs and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, and flexible approaches for mature learners.
Further information and booking