- Join SET today – get the recognition you deserve as an education professional
- Watch our short animation to find out more about SET.
- Download the latest SET leaflet to find out more information about the benefits of becoming a SET member.
- Find out about our free student membership offer.
- your passport to gain Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) status – the badge of professionalism which enables you to stand out from the crowd
- your pathway to Advanced Teacher Status (ATS), the highly sought badge of advanced professionalism and mastery in further education and training
- exclusive access to our online research library of essential CPD content, or via our partner website the Excellence Gateway for guidance, effective practice, teaching materials and research
- you benefit from heavily-subsidised CPD courses run by the ETF with additional discounts for SET members
- get access to the first-class e-learning platform Foundation Online Learning with the latest in CPD courses and tools
- watch up-to-the-minute podcasts, blogs and articles from the best teaching and training experts there are
- read insight and expert advice from an archive of commissioned articles by Geoff Petty, one of Britain’s leading experts on teaching methods
- dedicated support and content for teachers and trainers in their early careers – from those aiming to become a teacher or trainer to those who have just recently qualified
- Practitioner Research Programme – bursary-subsidised places available for MA Short courses and MPhil in education research programme, run by University of Sunderland.
- be part of the Education and Training Foundation (ETF), promoting and championing the quality of the sector’s teachers, trainers and leaders
- each quarter you will receive our highly regarded printed journal InTuition, the most widely-read journal for those working in post-16 education – packed with the best expert opinion, features and case studies in the sector
- track yourself against the ETF’s 2014 Professional Standards, the benchmark for effective practice in FE teaching and training
- use the SET designation and digital pin in your signature, CV and business card
- measure and demonstrate your professional development – use our online self-assessment and planner tool
- keep up with the latest sector news via InTuition Extra, your monthly e-newsletter.
- be part of the largest professional network of teachers and trainers in the FE sector
- you are invited to a calendar of local network group events, to meet and exchange with like-minded professionals in your sector – including the annual SET members’ conference
- online communities and support through monthly member-only webinars, live webchats and Facebook community groups
- contribute to the SET community as a valued mentor on our mentoring service, or gain valuable support from the service as a mentee.
- To become a SET member, complete our membership form online or call our membership team: (freephone) 0800 093 9111.
- Find out more about membership rates per year and how to pay by direct debit to get a 10 per cent discount on your membership fee. Other concessions are available.