Posted on March 25th, 2019
The winners of the Tes FE Awards 2019, which were sponsored by the Education and Training Foundation, were revealed at a glittering ceremony in London on Friday 22 March.
More than 700 sector leaders and staff were present at the event, which was hosted by comedian Dave Gorman. The winners were picked from a high-quality shortlist of inspirational individuals and outstanding institutions, drawn from more than 250 entries.
As well as being the overall sponsor of the event, the Education and Training Foundation sponsored three of the categories:
- The FE leader of the year was Paul Phillips of Weston College. The judges commended Paul for the proven impact of his leadership which has been sustained over time, getting results and being truly transformative.
- The Teacher of the year was Samantha Jones of Bedford College. The judges commended not only the work she has done with her own students, but also her contribution to the sector as a whole.
- The Overall provider of the year was Redbridge Institute. This is the first time this award has gone to an adult and community learning provider and the judges were unanimous in their decision, commending the Institute for putting the fun back into learning.
The winners in the other categories were:
- Lifetime achievement: Annette Bruton
- Professional services team of the year: Belfast Metropolitan College
- Apprenticeship programme of the year: Bridgwater and Taunton College
- Adult and community learning provider of the year: Redbridge Institute
- Sixth-form college of the year: Huddersfield New College
- FE college of the year: Bridgend College
- Specialist provider of the year: National Star College
- Training provider of the year: Skills Training UK.
The evening also saw the presentation of the AoC Beacon Awards. Full details of all of the winners are available on the Tes FE Awards website.