The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) helps ensure that the Further Education and Training sector develops world class leaders, teachers and trainers. We work across the whole FE sector and are funded by Government grant, commercial contracts, professional membership (The Society for Education and Trainng – SET) and accreditation fees and a variety of other business activities.
We are now looking to appoint a National Head of Leadership and Governance who will be the be the policy lead and ETF expert on the area, building and maintaining relationships with relevant stakeholders, negotiating grant, providing expertise into bidding and leading on design work for the area.
The role will report into the Director of Curriculum and will be responsible for being the ETF expert in leadership and governance. They will use their expertise and knowledge to help develop and deliver an integrated programme of support for leaders, managers, governors and governance professionals through grant funded programmes and contracts.
The National Head will be a thought leader nationally, be responsible for engaging DfE colleagues and the sector in relevant discussion on the subject area and will be responsible for leading the programme and CPD design linked to their area of expertise.
The successful candidate will be:
– Educated to degree level or equivalent
– Clearly able to demonstrate expertise in Leadership and Governance
– Experience of curriculum design
– Ability to work with a wide range of external stakeholders to design and build professional development programmes
– Ability to demonstrate strong understanding, knowledge and experience of what makes professional development in an education and training environment effective
– Highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent interpersonal skills
– Experience of working with credibility across the Further Education and Training Sector and/or with government officials and departments
– A creative thinker with strong problem solving skills
Closing Date: 14 April 2020 at 12 pm
Applicants should apply by submitting a CV and covering letter (2 pages maximum), outlining how you fulfil the requirements of the person specification. Please send your application via email by the closing date as outlined below, marked PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL to: email@example.com