The Education and Training Foundation is supporting colleges, training providers and employers to develop a top quality Vocational Education and Training (VET) system which meets the needs of industry and supports rapid growth in apprenticeships.
The VET team is taking forward the recommendations from the Commission on Adult Vocational Teaching and Learning (CAVTL) report ‘It’s about work …’.
Our activities in this area include:
- Skills Competitions – CPD programme for vocational teachers, trainers and leaders.
- Teach Too – enables colleges to work with employers, encouraging people from industry to teach their work.
- Future Apprenticeships – resources to support the workforce involved in delivering apprenticeships
- Two Way Street leadership exchanges – leadership exchanges between employers and VET provider leaders.
- Digital Learning Fellowship – to further develop excellence in the use of digital learning in VET.